Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mission Statement

Having been to so many corporate training seminars and business classes the first thing to pop into my head when I thought about starting a blog was, "I'll need a mission statement." I guess that's a good thing... at least it maybe indicates a certain predilection for organization... and that can be a good thing, or it could indicate a minor case of OCD. Although a look around my desk will quickly put to rest any ideas about me having any kind of an organization OCD problem.

Anyway, I thought my first post should talk a little bit about what I plan to blog about. First of all, it's not really going to be about me and my life and how I feel deep down inside. I find that pretty boring to talk about and even more boring to write about and don't even want to think about reading it. I don't really like writing about me. No, this blog is going to be more about things I like and dislike. There's going to be politics, there's going to be technology, there's going to be cooking and stories and dogs and jokes, lots of jokes, I like jokes. I also don't know how often I'll write (I'm going to try to avoid using the term "blog" as a verb.)

So that's my mission statement. I really feel like I should end this first post with something noteworthy. Something to make you think, "Gee, that's cool. I need to read a lot more of this kind of stuff!" I would like to do that but right now I don't have anything that fits the bill so I'm just going to end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment